Wednesday 18 November 2015

Acer V3-372 Internals

For those interest, I post a photo of the inside of the Acer V3-372.

The machine was easy to take apart. All screws holding it together were exposed (none hidden underneath the rubber feet).

Of note:
  • There is a second RAM slot allowing 16GB of RAM in total (I haven't tried whether 32GB is supported). RAM is standard DDR3L
  • The SSD is M.2 SATA. I was disappointed that it was not a NVMe or PCI-E
  • WIFI uses M.2 slot also
  • Battery is ~48Wh
When I received the machine, I noticed the RAM was not seated in the slot properly and I re-seated it to avoid problems. Also I moved the antennas crossing the SSD ribbon cable so that they run on top of the cable (from this view) and taped the ribbon cable down to the metal. I did this to increase distance between the two in case interference caused any WiFI problems.




5 comments:

  1. Thanks Philip for the V3-372 inside photo. I'm interested in buying this notebook, and your photo is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 90 degree angles on the ribbon cables leading to the SSD didn't seem such a good idea to me. In the end, I relocated it to run alongside the fan instead of over the top.

    Unfortunately, in the default placement, the 90 degree bend is located directly on a fan screw and is subjected to crushing against the case which may cause damage over time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Philip, I just bought V3-372 today.

    THANKS for your help and info.
    I've talked to a few users of 372, but up till now you're still the ONLY person who've BOTH
    owned and opened up the case of 372 (and with photo), so you're a big help to me.

    I got excited happy seeing your 372 page, then I just kept talking and talking, so bear with me :-)
    Anyway, your best 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Philip, I just bought V3-372 today.

    THANKS for your help and info.
    I've talked to a few users of 372, but up till now you're still the ONLY person who've BOTH
    owned and opened up the case of 372 (and with photo), so you're a big help to me.

    I got excited happy seeing your 372 page, then I just kept talking and talking, so bear with me :-)
    Anyway, your best 2016.

    ReplyDelete